Look, almost everywhere you turn there's a new personal coach telling you that they're the one for you. And while the demand for personal/life coaches is on the rise, this is not a one-size-fits-all kind of industry.
Here are some great tips on choosing the RIGHT coach for you
1. Don't pick a coach you like. You're not looking for a friend or a date. You're looking for someone who you will respect and who will be an unwavering stand for your success in life. Attractive people often attract more clients. Don't fall for the hotties unless you're clear it's their coaching that you're digging!
2. Interview different coaches before you choose. Many will at least offer a phone consultation. This is an opportunity to say what results you want and to find out more about their approach. Make sure you say what it is you expect and ask YOUR important questions-- if religious background or lifestyle are important to you- just ask. Better to know now.
3. Be practical. Pick a coach whose availability matches your schedule and is either nearby or accessible by skype/phone. This is an investment, but make sure you can afford it.
4. Specialist or General? Determine whether you want a specialist coach or a coach that empowers you in all areas of life. Both are valid choices. Again, the phone consult will likely support you in determining this.
5. Any Perks? Some coaches offer follow-up calls or offer additional services you might not be aware of. Just ask!